CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Sunday at Silver
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Sunday at Silver Reply with quote

Spent the day at Silver with three of my buddies.

Got on the ice around 11:30am and fished til 5pm. A good amount of fish were caught. Lots of runt bass, a couple nice pickeral in the 20" range, one nice bass about 4lbs, and a couple catfish. Also a calico on a jig with a mealworm. Otherwise we were using tipups and minnows. Fished more along the bottom than I have on my last couple trips.

Ice was about 7" or so. We had a good amount of bait stolen from us off the hooks, rat perch or pickeral or something.

No complaints though, another nice day @ Silver. Looking good for that tourney...I can't wait. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there until 1230 what area were you fishing
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walked out by the first island. was with 2 other guys at 12:30, our other friend didn't show up until later. where were you at? i saw a few people out there when we got there and it thinned out as the day went on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seen a big group with kids out there I was about 200yds off the ramp and set up about 30 yds off the right side. You probably walked by me on you way out there.
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These girls on ice skates kept coming over to our group b/c they said we were catching way more fish than their father and his friends. haha. I saw a few groups out there, one which was leaving just as we got there.

Do you plan on fishing the tournament there?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whens the tourney I thought it was this weekend? If so I dont see happening. Id love to try it sounds like fun.
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feb 6th at 8am. check the recent posts underthe tournaments thread and even in the general ice fishing topics thread i believe....it has all the info there.

Sounds like a great time, It will be my first tournament of any kind so I'm excited. I hope the ice holds up for it!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea if the ice is good Im in Ive never done a tourny
jdpsm3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says fish must be alive might be a dumb question but how do I mange that on the ice never had to always throw em back.
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've never done a tourny either so I really can't say. I am pretty sure they want the fish transported in water in either a bucket, cooler, or bag.

Now, as far as transporting the alive fish to the weigh in at the docks and somehow still keeping an eye on your tip ups...well....I haven't figured that one out yet. Any tips out there guys? HAHA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring a helper to tend your tipups while you are off wieghing in the winning fish. You could bring a big cooler and fill it with lake water, and build up a good amount of fish then bring it over. Just a few suggestions Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use 2 methods to keeping fish alive while ice fishing that work really well. You can drill hole in ice and put any fish on a stringer drop down hole secure stringer to some type of anchor or screw device or a stick across the top of a hole. Some guys drill live wells in ice by drilling 4 or 5 holes all connected to each other but without drilling completely through the ice, then drill one hole almost through and poke a small hole in the bottom of your well with your ice chisel, bar or even a stick. Please take into consideration that the later method works very good in a pinch but is a bit of a hazard to other ice goers that like to enjoy the ice without fishing. A bag with water works well with transporting to wiegh-in.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the suggestions gentlemen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: