CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Sunday morning slump-buster at Keeney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imsafanct

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Sunday morning slump-buster at Keeney Reply with quote

So it's August 2nd and I think I've already caught four times as many fish as I did during the entire month of July. I like where this is headed.

July sucked big time for me fishing wise. It was a busy month for me which meant I didn't get out as much as I would have wanted. When I did get out, I wasted too much time at Mansfield getting skunked and there were a couple trips to Keeney when I couldn't even catch a cold, which is weird for that place.

This morning, however, Keeney and I kissed and made up. I fished from 5-10AM from the yak and caught 4 largemouth, all 2-3 pounds. No giants, but I'll take it. The largest was a real digger. Two were caught on a green pumpkin red flake/watermelon laminate 5" Senko and the other two were caught on my ghost minnow Sammy 100. These two lures in these colors are dynamite for me.

It was good to feel a fish on the end of my line again. Now I just need to stick to what works for me (Keeney, mashapaug & king's island) and be patient for another two months or so until the weather starts to get cold. And when it does, I can give myself permission to chase all the teeth I want at Mansfield or on the river. Twisted Evil

-Eric
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: