CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: sunday surprise on lilli
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rvolkers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: sunday surprise on lilli Reply with quote

since may 28th i have been battleing sciatica- raniy weather - draw downs and heat - soi have had the boat off the water
also
today i was determined to go out and see if my upward starter gear was still sticking! i have cleaned it and lubed it ! and again today sometimes it engaged sometimes not! ( a real pain in the ass!!!)

anyway hit the water at 6:30 was cool misty and NO WEEKEND WARRIERS - i fished down by the dam a stretch i do well on - i head to the dam and then hit the right side heading back towards the bridge! i fished in 30 feat throwing towards the bank and hitting outside weed edges in about 14 to 20. i was pretty surprised just how good the fishing was! large mouth-smallies and a couple of pike! nothing gigantic largest largemouth around 5 and plenty of smallies in the 2 and 3s measured one smallie was 19 inches!

i fished 3 patterns
black tubes - crawfish tubes
red and black senko - texas rig
and black with chart flake senko wacky!

the water was hot but the fish did cooperate NOT the best day - but certainly NOT the worst! by 12 all hell broke loose with the usual idiots on the water and there were plenty out there today - time to go home!!!!! -- (LOL) i am usually one of 3 trailers at the pond brook launch all spring when there isn't a tournament TODAY at least 40 in all shapes and sizess when i come in
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice report! I was gonna PM ya! haven't heard from ya in a while. Glad to see your back. Your sciatic and my knee arthritis we'd make a good "Old Geezer"team. LOL I haven't fished Lilly in a while. My weekends are kinda messed up with work and tourneys the next few weeks but if ya get a day during the week let me know and we'll hammer Lilly in the Skeet!

Those Red Flake Senkos are killer this year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Wanna Fish"]Nice report! I was gonna PM ya! haven't heard from ya in a while. Glad to see your back. Your sciatic and my knee arthritis we'd make a good "Old Geezer"team. LOL I haven't fished Lilly in a while. My weekends are kinda messed up with work and tourneys the next few weeks but if ya get a day during the week let me know and we'll hammer Lilly in the Skeet!

Those Red Flake Senkos are killer this year.[/quote]

week days are no good for me - but fridays i get out 4! - i was pretty shocked about today - i figured it would be bust! - we leave for maine in a couple of weeks and was hoping i had fixed my starter problem! - not the end of the world or a fishing day just a pain!

i think you are right about the old geezers club! this sciatic shit has had me REALLY LAID UP! - i am plenty sore right now BUT HAD TO BE ON THE WATER --- 5:30am til 12PM and out for lilli these days it was the worst i have seen i today! including me calling the deep for 6 jet skiers drag racing in th the channel back to the launch!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: