CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Sweet Day
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billybass

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Sweet Day Reply with quote

Me and my buddy had another sweet day on lower bolton lake from 7 to 1 catchin them left and right still nothing over 4 pounds but fish all day and it was sweet ice was 8 to 9 inches thick plenty safe and not to crowded about 4 other groups out there Laughing Laughing Laughing
sirspeedy56

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

were you last ones to leave and while leaving, 2 other people showed up???
billybass

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

time is wrong 7 to 1 was supposed to be 7n to 11, why were u out there ,a little left of the boat launch straight out.
sirspeedy56

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got there at 1 or 2 after fishing at Crystal lake in the morning with a grand total of 0 bites. So we went to bolton (at 1 0r 2) and the last group of people were leaving. They said that the fish were biting all day. Excited, we went out and set up and proceeded to catch no fish. Im starting to think my setup is wrong. Any tips?
billybass

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny about crystal lake ,because I had a friend send me a picture from the bait shop over there and some guy landed a 7lb alantic salmon looked like a beauty.. but explain your setups a little, are u jigging or useing minnows Cool
sirspeedy56

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using minnows. I lined the tip-up with polyester line. I attached a leader to that and put about 10-12 feet of regular ice fishing line. I put 1 small lead weight up 18 inches . Any recommendations on ways to catch fish! lol
billybass

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do the same,lead weight up about 18 inches and i have about 15 to 18 inches of reg ice line on the end , I also use shinners and let them hangout about 3 to 5 ft off the bottom.when flag goes up i wait and see witch way the line is running before I pull or yank it ,and just position ur self so u are pulling the line and fish back to u , i see a lot of people just run over and pull and they have no idea whats going on under the ice , just my two cents, goodluck
JiggyWithIt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Trout set up!! Reply with quote

For Trout I run shiners too 4' leader 12-18" up with shot and just drop 2 - 4 feet below the ice especially in small ponds. I also always run 1 tip up with a night crawler about 1 foot below ice and I usually slam the trout when everyone else is scratching there head!!! Try it you'll be suprised.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: