CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Switching dropshot baits Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Switching dropshot baits Reply with quote

For those of you that've known me for a while,..you know that I've been a big advocate of Aaron's Magic Roboworms for dropshotting. I've used that one worm about 95% of the time that I dropshot and I've caught many hundreds of bass on it,......but I'm switching now because I believe that there's something a little better!

A short while back, I was throwing a bunch of different baits on a DS-rig in the large bass-tank at Tournament Force Tackle where i could see how they looked in the water! Rich Zaleski was there and to make a long story short, I'm completely switching over to the bait that Rich fishes,...a Producto "Spring Worm".
Over the last few years,..Rich has simplified his selection to where he only fishes the "motor oil" color now,..but I've bought several others as well and they all look great. Anyway,..the thing about these worms is that they have a very, very thin body in between the ribs,..which just makes it super flexible so that in the water, it just moves more and looks considerably more alive than anything else I've seen! To top it off,..they are amazingly cheap baits too! I highly recommend picking some up! Cool

http://www.productolure.com/springworm.php
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that is a great place to buy plastics - excellent prices. I just bought a bunch of stuff, thanks for the recommendations.

I bought a couple of packages of the Hot Rods worms which look to be imitation Senko's at a fraction of the price. Nice. Very Happy

Justin
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict wrote:
wow, that is a great place to buy plastics - excellent prices. I just bought a bunch of stuff, thanks for the recommendations.

I bought a couple of packages of the Hot Rods worms which look to be imitation Senko's at a fraction of the price. Nice. Very Happy

Cool,..let us know how you like them once you get'em in the water a time or two!
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to check out TFT. Maybe I will bring my boy there on a rainy weekend. That is pretty cool that you saw Rich Zaleski there - I recently bought his book "Advanced bass techniques" and the guy is a bass scientist. Between this forum and that book I realized how much I don't know. It's awesome, I took about 5 years off from bass fishing(sold my boat and bought a house) and now I have a rejuvenated passion again.

Justin
midconn_angler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using the producto spring worm for a couple of years now and I agree it's a great bait.

I use the roboworms also and don't forget about the findbass mino and dropshot shad.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark im with you. I use roboworm 6inch like 95% of the time. They have gotten me alot of fish to. Roboworm makes great products. Ill need to try some of those worms tho they look really good.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zorro wrote:
Mark im with you. I use roboworm 6inch like 95% of the time. They have gotten me alot of fish to. Roboworm makes great products. Ill need to try some of those worms tho they look really good.

If you decide to stick with the Roboworms,..I suggest that you go down to the 4" ones instead of 6". I've used them both and I believe that any size fish will bite either size when they are active, so it's not that,..but there are definitely some days when the bite is tough,..that the 4" size gets bit when the 6" does not! Wink
Zorro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 4inch to. Which I use some of the time but the 6inch has work really well for me this season
stumpy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ijust started the springworm last 2trips out. 20 bass that day came on that or the roboworm sculpin. another great ds bait. i nowonly carry robo, producto, and findbass ds shads.
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone catch any bass on the shad/minno baits?

I havent spent any time with it but im addicted to the robo sculpins. Only bait I do well on.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have any of you order from producto? I placed my order 3 weeks ago and still no merchandise. I also sent them an inquiry through their website 3 days ago and still haven't gotten a response. Has anyone else experienced delays with their orders?

Justin
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I placed an order and it took about 3 weeks. The worms look good, can't wait to try them out.

Ron

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried calling the number on their site a couple of times now and no one answers. I am getting real uncomfortable about this transaction now. 4 Emails without a reply and no one answering the business phone = not a good sign. I will keep you guys posted.

Justin
Just4fun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I placed my order and it took about a week! I think that the business probably is just a part time thing for the guy,..but he should definitely answer your emails and/or return your calls.
At any rate, Rich has been ordering from him for years, so I'm certain that everything is on the up and up,..and you will eventually get your stuff!
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"so I'm certain that everything is on the up and up,..and you will eventually get your stuff!"

that makes me feel better. I have gotten ripped off 3 times with online purchases so Im always paranoid when buying from a new vendor.

Justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: