CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: The Bite is getting Better!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: The Bite is getting Better! Reply with quote

Friday afternoon I arrived at Remington just before 2:30. Low tide was scheduled for 1:20 and water temp was staying steady between 48 and 49, meaning Remington was about 52. Waded out on the sandbar with my 7'6" Star Rods Stellar. Reel was Conflict 2500 with 15lb Berkley Trilene Braid Professional Grade.

Started by throwing the Gold XRW-13 but never got any hits or swirls.

Switched over to an Original Pearl Shad FLR-10. Did a slow steady retrieve with it. Ended up landing 2 dinky schoolies and an aggressive, chunky 25"er. Lots of aggressive schoolie hits.

Once the tide got too high to be wading, I casted from the rocks but never got into anything.

Later I tried casting both lures from the city ramp and parts of Fayerweather Island, but never got into anything and wasn't seeing much bait out there. Other factors were no cormorants or mergansers diving and no osprey in the lighthouse nest yet.

By the time it was about 5:30 I head back over to Remington hoping for a sunset bite, with high tide scheduled for 7:28.

Once it was about 7pm, peanut bunker and small shiners started getting busted. I eventually landed 2 schoolies with the FLR-10, with 1 being a dink and the other an aggressive 23"er.

South winds became stronger once it was high tide and it was getting cold, so hit the road around 8.

Both of those schoolies were very chunky and fought really well on my setup. When the evening bite turned on, 2 cormorants and a flock of red-breasted mergansers were into a frenzy with the small bait. Those 2 types of birds were nowhere else at Seaside.

Sunday I'll be back out there, and am expecting water temps to hit 50 at the local buoy, making the bite at Remington turn on even more!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: