CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: THE CURSE REMAINS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: THE CURSE REMAINS! Reply with quote

Got the boat: got the equipment: got the bait: even had a friend who was willing to show me his favorite spots: What don't I have? FISH! left the devon ramp early (well early for me) about 6am. Tide was almost high: fished the mouth of the Housatonic river in stratford: fished Charles Island: fished off of Woodmont: and what do I have to show for 5 hours of fishing? One sea-robin (I guess some of you guys call them dog fish); this is the second time I have gone out with nothing to show; maybe will try once more before school starts. After that I may hang up my salt-water gear for good. "THE CURSE REMAIN!" cmorjoe
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time i checked they call it fishing and not catching.I can`t believe you are willing to quit that quick.If you said you have been out 20 times with no luck that is a different story but u r talking about quittting after 2 times.
Its not a curse its the fact that you are unfamiliar with your surroundings.Give it more of a shot.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try in around the oyster grounds off Milford on the south side of the island. Don't quit it hasn't been a banner year for fluke they have been tough to come by for alot of us and we spend most of every summer fishing for them.

Quitting anything is real easy to do. Just gut it out!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try buoy 12 in Milford for porgies.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: THANKS GUYS! Reply with quote

I fished all around bouy 12! I guess their right when they say its tough to get old; I'll be 60 in a few weeks and I guess I'm not looking forward to it. I also tend to get a little cranky when things aren't going the way I would like it too. From my previous posts I guess you have noticed I hate hot and humid. By eleven a.m. I was done. While I was getting the boat secured on the trailer my buddy took a few casts at the ramp in devon. He saw follow his kastmaster a VERY LARGE what he thought to be a CATFISH. Is this possible? The fish followed it in but would not strike. ALMOST MADE HIS DAY. I've got a few more weeks till I climb aboard that big yellow school bus so I'll probably give it another try. cmorjoe
Old Mud

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA HA HA JOE,

60 in a few weeks ?? Confused Shocked The Best part is comeing !!! I am 68 and still fish for GBFT. Sometimes solo.!! Smile Smile You have to relax, Gain all the information you can on your quarry, location at any given time, best bait or method of capture, best water temp. etc. etc. The more you learn the better you'll be. DON'T GIVE UP THE SHIP !!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
flukeprodigy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

take me out if you wanna catch fluke Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: