CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: The Perfect Storm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: The Perfect Storm Reply with quote

You're out fishing on a summer afternoon or evening. NWS was talking about a frontal system bringing the chance of showers and thunderstorms.

As you're on the water, you start to see darker clouds rolling in with moisture getting higher and it getting breezy out. You say you'll give it one more cast and then start heading back to shore.

As you get closer to shore you see things getting worse and closer. Right as you make it to shore and take cover inside the vehicle, it gets windy with thunder, lightning, and a torrential downpour.

You find out the storm is a passing isolated cell with not much else around the area. After 10 to 20 minutes of waiting out the storm, it's gone and you're good for the rest of the day.

How many times can you remember this happening to you whether it be fresh or saltwater fishing?

This evening heading home from Glenwood Park reminded me of a summer evening last year when I saw dark skies over Westport and Southport as I started heading home. As I was halfway home, I started hearing the thunder and seeing the lightning. I'm just 5 minutes from home and winds start picking up with light rain falling. Right as I put my bike in the basement and head towards the condo, it gets very stormy so I run to get inside. It didn't happen this evening but the skies and outdoor conditions were similar to last year.

There was that day when Jose and I had to hit the road as storms were approaching.

A buddy and I had to take cover at Mamanasco one summer evening as a storm approached.

Outside of fishing, late July 2010 when I was waiting for the city bus at the Stratford Walmart, I saw pitch black skies up towards Shelton heading in a southerly direction towards where I was. Thunder and lightning were in the distance. Right as the city bus came to the stop and all of us got on is when the rain and hail started coming down with howling winds, aggressive thunder, and cloud to ground lightning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: