CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: The REEL first ice report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big M

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: The REEL first ice report Reply with quote

Went to Wood Creek this mourning, set up in the south bay by sunrise, action was steady but very slow, temps went from about 20 when we got there to 34 by the time we left, perfect ice fishing weather all day, in the end we had iced 2 LMB under 12", 1 around 14, and another at 15", and also a bunch of pickerel, the largest being 16",all on tip-ups, no luck jigging, overall today made for a good first outing ,but now waiting for the pike lakes to lock up

Anyone else able to get out today??
Nitrolmic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: I got the first REEL fish Reply with quote

I went out too!!! with BIG M on Wood Creek. Not to bad for a first day. Had to ice most of the fish for the day.. but thats not anything new.. Laughing

Last edited by Nitrolmic on Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job guys
Icetime

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much ice did you have?
Big M

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the positive feed back guys

Ice was an average of 5 inches
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big m, what do you use for bait? I have never been ice fishing

Justin
Big M

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass addict - for tip ups we stick to shiners- tiny ones for trout, small and medium for bass, pickerel, and even panfish, and large pike shiners for northerns

for jigging we use everything from lures such as the swedish pimple and simple spoon jigs to live bait such as spikes, mousies, and mealworms
Bigpapa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Is it ready yet? Reply with quote

Has anyone checked the ice around West Hilll or Hghland Lake yet this year? Have been hearing rumors that there is enough ice to fish but haven't heard any reports yet. Just really impatient to get on the ice and get some bass or anything that will hit.
Nickp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highland AN'T safe. Someone fell through last saturday after they tried to fish on 1.5inches.... it was slushy on that Sunday and it hasn't made anything else id assume. Its not looking good till next weekend maybe.
Bigpapa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for telling me Nickp I was planning on going this Saturday with my brother-in-law who is 13 and never been ice fishing before. Where is it safe around here? I just know of these lakes around that area because I'm from the Bristol area.
Nickp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Park pond is safe- slow as all hell. Same with winchester. Norfolk isnt too far away and deffinately good of some action (wood creek)
Bigpapa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the responses. I'm always looking for new spots to try and get my bro-in-law into the sport especially where there isn't any trees he can catch. If you think of any other spots please let me know.
mikenice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job, thanks for the report
coho yokel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellas have not posted in awhile any when i lived in torrington , lived there 26 years till i moved here in PA, I ALWAYS REMEMBER BURR POND BEING PRETTY GOOD EARLY ICE, GOOD VARIETY TOO.if i was not married with 2 children i would be back fishing it too, was up last week fishing for atlantics had a blast no pressure like we have here in erie tribs for steel ,good fishin to all and merry xmas coho yokel Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: