CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: The Weekend Blues and a Boat of Brats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: The Weekend Blues and a Boat of Brats Reply with quote

Fished the New Haven area both nights Friday with my brother Plopplop and Saturday with Basshole and old smokey and it was bluefish bluefish bluefish everywhere we fished. Dont know exactly how many we caught but it is somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 fish for both nights. we also caught some monster Sand sharks during slack tide 4 and 5 footers and lost an unidentified shark that ate through a steel leader it definatly was a toothy one.

One side note if any of the 3 guys who were fishing out of a small Sea Hunt 18' looks brand new are members here and read this post try to be a little more courteous to the other boats fishing around you. Running into the center of a school of bunkers and cutting all the other boats off who are working well together i might add just isn't right. Also when you see boats fishing on the rocks plowing back and forth throwing a wake 50 feet off the transom of my boat or anyone else's isn't only stupid its dangerous, you could have swamped me or put me on the rocks. I realize I was fishing where you wanted to be but that's just the breaks. Try not to be so one dimensional there are plenty of places to fish....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: freshwater fishermans question Reply with quote

Your post mentions something that ate through steel leader; something that had to have some good size teeth. Are there large sharks in Long Island Sound? Just curious the thought of something like that makes me want to shy away from saltwater and stay on a nice safe lake. cmorjoe
bassarama

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Your post mentions something that ate through steel leader; something that had to have some good size teeth. Are there large sharks in Long Island Sound? Just curious the thought of something like that makes me want to shy away from saltwater and stay on a nice safe lake. cmorjoe

Yeah.......be extremely carefull out there, there's freeky creatures in the Sound, besides the little cute little waves that tip your boat over, we have to deal with the saltwater catfish too Confused

Laughing Laughing Just FWY

Quint

Some people just like to be jerks or simply don't know any better, I'm glad you guys are allright though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO, I was looking for a Dogfish like that!!! Confused Shocked DUM DUM.........DUM.....DUM... Wink

Mike: I think somewhere we as a society Dropped the ball. We must teach future generations Courtesy, Compassion, Respect and Common Decency.

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toothy sharks are not a common occurance in the end of the sound I fish
once or twice a year there are reports of someone landing one. I have been fishing the sound 30 years and this was a first for me. That's a pretty funny pic.
Somewhere along the lines alot of the men and women of the next generation became very selfish,one way, and disrespectful. These guys were so annoyed that I was fishing where they wanted to be that they risked injury or possibly worse to me and my crew. The more I think about it the angrier I get Evil or Very Mad . What comes around goes around thy'll get theirs Twisted Evil . Sorry about the rant but I'm pretty bent about this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: