CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: They're There!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: They're There! Reply with quote

Tuesday afternoon after getting a haircut, I arrived at Bushwick Metal along the Pequonnock around 4:15.

Threw a few swimmers, bottom bounced 2 soft plastics, and walked the dog with a chartreuse ghost XRW-11. Never got any hits or swirls so I went to the discharge at Seaside.

When I arrive at the discharge, I see a familiar Seaside fisherman there and bunker splashing. He was into schoolies with soft plastics. Retrieve he was doing was slow and steady after letting it sink a bit.

I threw a purpledescence FLR-16 and the XRW-11. Got an explosion on the XRW-11.

Once tide got higher things shut down, so I went to check out other sections of Seaside but saw no signs of bait.

Right around sunset was when I arrived back at Remington to find the bunker active again. 2 usual surfcasters arrived right after me. 1 of them snagged and livelined a bunker. The bunker was a huge adult. A school of adult bunker was being chased, as they'd make a few waves and quick scatters.

Hit the road around 8:15

Friday will be new moon, westerly flow, and afternoon outgoing, which means waders and 9 footer on the Remington sandbar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: