CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Things are Heating Up!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Things are Heating Up! Reply with quote

Friday afternoon I arrived at Remington around 2:15. Low tide was scheduled for 6:28. There was a good combination of conditions and forecasts for a good evening bite. Skies were mostly cloudy, wind was a very light southwest, water stayed between 51 and 52 at the local buoy, moon was full, and air was humid with temps in the mid 60s.

As tide was still going out, I didn't get into anything and saw no signs of action. A familiar surfcaster arrived telling me he had gotten into schoolies at some other spots and saw them busting bait, so I rode my bike along the shore keeping an eye on the water.

As I was riding my bike, I see a few gulls acting suspiciously, as if there were fish starting to move in. Once I approach the area, more gulls joined and then stripers started busting bait. I park my bike and head over to the spot, but once I got in the water the bite shut down.

Worked the beach and areas out on Fayerweather Island, resulting in 1 swirl and landing a slender 22" schoolie on the Gold XRW-13.

Once it was almost low tide, I hit my honey spot but never got into anything. 2 factors that were telling me the bite wasn't on there yet were no birds and water feeling about 2 degrees colder than the beach.

Final move was work the beach and then head over to Remington. Got 1 swirl along the beach.

When I get to Remington, bait was active and there was a nice current. Had 3 followers while doing a steady walk the dog with the XRW-13. Tried pencil popping with it, which resulted in a 21" schoolie. Adult bunker kept moving in and out, but once they left and it got darker out, last year's baby stripers took over and started busting all the small bait. I threw the Original Pearl Shad FLR-10 and did steady retrieve. Had lots of hits, lost a few, and landed 7 dinky schoolies. Most of the fish slammed the lure hard and took the rear treble.

Hit the road around 8:30

Between the full moon, weather conditions, fishing action, and water temps, I have a feeling things are really heating up now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: