CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Topwater 8/16
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Topwater 8/16 Reply with quote

Friday afternoon I headed out to see how the topwater bite would be with the high pressure currently effecting the fishing. Got to the ice out pond just before 2pm.

4 lures I tried throwing at the ice out pond included #1 Mepps Dressed Aglia, moss back shiner X-Rap Popper XRP-7, rainbow trout Excalibur Pop-R, and the prop bait that caught me the pig.

The bite ended up being pretty slow. Lost 1 and landed a 1 pounder with the Pop-R.

Later I went to grab a bite to eat and then went to Twin Brooks.

2 lures I decided to concentrate on were the Mepps and prop bait. Also tried throwing a silver shad Jointed Shallow Shad Rap JSSR-7 in some deep areas without much weed cover.

I was surprised to see the bluegills and redbreasts not attacking the Mepps like they usually would. Never had a follower or hit on the JSSR-7. Had many followers and taps on the prop bait, which were mostly smaller bass.

Eventually hit a 1 pound bass on the topwater at the pond that caught me the pig. Last stop at that pond produced a 16" 2 pound 10 ounce largemouth. Caught it in an area with lots of pads and was able to get it through pads with the same setup that landed me the pig.

Here's a close up showing the girth on the fish

Hit the road at 6:40pm to check out Glenwood Park.
pmoneyct

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice bass! i got to get down there and check out that place

family,fishing.and a good dog. "Thats all i need"
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmoneyct wrote:
nice bass! i got to get down there and check out that place

If you were to pick me up I'd be happy to be your guide
avidangler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colors on that bass are picture perfect.I only landed 1 13 incher at malone pond today and it was almost completely black.Lost about 8 that seemed to only be mouthing the goby i was using.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avidangler wrote:
The colors on that bass are picture perfect.I only landed 1 13 incher at malone pond today and it was almost completely black.Lost about 8 that seemed to only be mouthing the goby i was using.

I recently got a free upgrade. Upgraded from an older LG Octane to a new Samsung Brightside. The Samsung has a whole variety of picture modes. I chose the sunset mode for the pic because of time of day.
avidangler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
avidangler wrote:

I recently got a free upgrade. Upgraded from an older LG Octane to a new Samsung Brightside. The Samsung has a whole variety of picture modes. I chose the sunset mode for the pic because of time of day.

It definitely put your picture on the "brightside" of things.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Daddy Pickle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: