CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Topwater Blues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Topwater Blues Reply with quote

Friday I headed back down to Seaside, arriving at the same area as Thursday around 11:15am. Was prepared this time with my 8 footer, 15 pound braid, and my chest waders.

While the tide was still coming in, bluefish would show up every now and then, which resulted in landing 2 and losing 2. Lure was an XRW-13 pencil popping.

Once high tide got closer is when things shut down. That's when I went to grab a bite to eat and got back around 3:30.

Just after 4 is when things started picking up again. That's also when a southwest wind had picked up after hardly any wind earlier. The bite didn't last long, but had 2 explosions, lost 1, and landed a 22" 4 pound 12 ounce tailor.

Once it was getting closer to sunset, the bite had died, and mosquitoes were eating me, I headed over to the beach and waded in the water. Nothing was happening and the southwest winds were stirring up waves. Once it was mostly dark out and tide had gotten lower is when I followed 2 surfcasters I know out. Waves weren't bad anymore. I got a number of explosions and lost 2. Landed a blue that felt anywhere from 8 to 10 pounds. It was peeling my 15 pound braid and did a number of huge jumps.

The other 2 guys and I were no longer into the bite we had going, so by 7:45 we headed back to shore.

I'll be headed back out Sunday after working Saturday. Plan is to bring a number of topwaters and just keep the rear hooks on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: