CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Topwater Dragonfly Tip
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Topwater Dragonfly Tip Reply with quote

Now that it's summer and bass have already spawned, topwater is becoming more common. Dragonflies (largemouth's favorite insect) are flying just above the water attracting largemouths.

A tip I have for bass fishermen is matching a dragonfly on the surface during the later afternoon hours and into the evening. The color I have found very productive is something with a combination of a medium or darker blue and black. Lures such as a Rapala X-Rap Popper in the color Moss Back Shiner and Heddon Pop'n Image in the color Threadfin Shad are perfect examples. A larger buzzbait the color of a bass fisherman's most favorite rubber jig color would also be perfect.

A nice retrieve with the poppers on calmer evenings is a slow walk the dog with just enough spitting, popping, and chugging to attract them and not spook them.

1 other color I'd recommend is something of a cherry red or similar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: