CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Topwater Gators!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Topwater Gators!! Reply with quote

Sunday afternoon I arrived at Seaside around 2:30. Air was very comfy and wind was a steady 10 to 15 west and southwest. Winds would often gust up to 20 mph.

Blues were chasing the peanut bunker along the beach. Casted for a while but only got 1 explosion. 1 local was casting right near me and caught 4 due to him getting on top of the blues a lot vs me.

As the afternoon went on I had 2 more explosions and landed a gator blue. I eventually took a break once things had died down.

Later as sunset approached, I decided to walk to a certain spot that had been active with birds. When I get there I see a whole thick cluster of peanut bunker vs the scattered schools in other areas. Birds stayed active as I casted and I had a feeling something was gonna turn on. Right near sunset is when gator blues moved in a started a frenzy. Total was 3 gators with many other explosions and lost 2.

Hit the road at 6:49.

All gator blues were around 10 and 11 pounds. Every time I'd land one, I'd find its mouth loaded with peanut bunker. 2 lures were 1 1/4 ounce Atoms and custom wood 1.3 ounce bottle neck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: