CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Topwater
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Topwater Reply with quote

Hit Mondo Pond Monday evening starting around 4:45pm. Brought my 5'6" ML setup.

Recently lost the tennessee shad HJ-6 so I started with a gold XR-6. Had a pickerel take it at the first stop but lost the fish. Had many bluegills tapping at the rear teaser tail.

Also tried throwing the yellow perch XRP-7 and doing the slow walk the dog retrieve with it. Had a number of swirls and followers with a few small explosions.

Once I had noticed I was getting better topwater action than steady retrieve and jerk and pause, I decided to stick with the XRP-7 and also play topwater with a brown trout FLR-6.

Some spots had crappie interested in the FLR-6 and caught a 1 pound cookie cutter with it at 1 spot. Also had lots of swirls and bluegills tapping at it.

I had already lost 3 bass on the jump and 1 other pickerel after hitting most spots, but then got the XRP-7 stuck on the edge of one of the small islands. That meant take a rainbow trout Tiny Torpedo out to see if there was any difference.

The FLR-6 kept getting lots of swirls and bluegills tapping and landed a 13" pickerel.

The Tiny Torpedo had lots of followers and swirls and caught me a 14" 1 pound 3 ounce cookie cutter.

Once it was almost dark and I had had enough with the mosquitoes I hit the road.

Now I know where I'll be going when I'm in the mood for freshwater and the bite isn't too good at Seaside.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: