CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Topwater!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Topwater! Reply with quote

Been fishing Mondo Ponds once or twice a week while the site was down. Friday 3/25 was my most recent day so here's a report.

Arrived just after 3:30. Conditions were nice for a bite, with the chance for topwater too.

As I worked the main pond first, I played with a few Husky Jerks and topwaters. Landed a cookie cutter with a g finish shad Baby Torpedo and 2 pickerel on a glass minnow HJ-8.

Later I went to the smaller pond. Had a few followers and hits on the Baby Torpedo and landed a tiny bass with it.

Went back to the main pond and got a number of pickerel strikes and landed 2 on the HJ-8.

Later in the evening was when a line of thick dark clouds moved through, bringing a change of wind direction, cooler temps, and increase in wind strength. After that happened, the bite shut down.

Hit the road around 7:45.

A recent observation I've seen at Mondo is and osprey! Late March is early for ospreys in CT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: