CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Tournament opening to non-club member?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scotcho05

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Tournament opening to non-club member? Reply with quote

I was wondering if there was a tournament in SE CT where I could fish either partner up with someone or fish my little 10ft jon boat? I am not a club member and am in the Navy so due not intend to be due to time constraints.
flippy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotho05, as long as you have a livewell, to keep your fish alive,,guys use an oversize cooler with an aerator,,otherwise there are very few tournys that have a measure and camera,, but most are at the scale,,I will be hosting one soon,, and you are welcome,, but you must have a livewell, of some sort,,Jim
scotcho05

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely interested, plan on making a livewell out of the kit at walmart and a rubbermaid container, pretty redneck, but it will do haha. Also if anyone knows are the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night tourneys open to anyone? I live real close to long pond which has a bunch of stuff coming up.
flippy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Tralli.. runs a ct river tuesday night tourny,, try to get in touch with him,, he can fill you in on what you will need for his tournys,,Jim
scotcho05

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: trolling motor Reply with quote

That brings up another question, how fast is the CT river, can I get away with using a 40# trolling motor only? Thats all I have for now until I can find a decent, cheap outboard.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy wrote:
scotho05, as long as you have a livewell, to keep your fish alive,,guys use an oversize cooler with an aerator,,otherwise there are very few tournys that have a measure and camera,, but most are at the scale,,I will be hosting one soon,, and you are welcome,, but you must have a livewell, of some sort,,Jim

Jim! Let me know when you when you set this up. I don't check this area often but my partner and I were looking to enter a few outside our club.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim!let me no to,i am ready for anther T,i hope it will be soon!! Rolling Eyes
nories

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, its flippy,,I had to change my username, my girlfriend set up my new computer and I have had a heck of a time getting on this sight,,lol,,Ok lets talk another one,, I like to run tournys,,lol,,Jim,,The next tourny will be weighed with a bath scale,,lol,,no really Im serious
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nories wrote:
Hey guys, its flippy,,I had to change my username, my girlfriend set up my new computer and I have had a heck of a time getting on this sight,,lol,,Ok lets talk another one,, I like to run tournys,,lol,,Jim,,The next tourny will be weighed with a bath scale,,lol,,no really Im serious

Digital or Mechanical? let me know when the tourney is. The two flats Saturday nigh set me back a couple days off at work. I start getting weekends off next week but Have a touney at night on Candy in two weeks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: