CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: Trout in CT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dmazz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Trout in CT Reply with quote

Anyone know good rooster tail sizes and colors? first time trout fishing in CT and i want to go on opening day. Thanks a lot ahead of time.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not much of a trout fisherman, but like trout patterned roostertails. Trout are like yellow perch; they're very cannibalistic.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
I'm not much of a trout fisherman, but like trout patterned roostertails. Trout are like yellow perch; they're very cannibalistic.

?????????
All fish are cannabalistic and opportunists!
It's eat or be eaten Exclamation

Catching a 1-4 lb. trout on light gear with 3-8 lb. test or fly gear with #16 fly and 4-5x tippet is challenging!

Just watched a fellow, on WFN catch a 79 lb. Amberjack on 8 lb. test.

For me -> "Challenge" on light gear is the name of the game and test of my abilities as a fisherman.!

NOT!

Ripping some poor 1-5 lb. fish or hydroplanning it over the water with 30+ lb. test braided line just doesn't seem very sporting to me.
Why I sold or gave away all my heavy saltwater and bass gear.

SeaDog1
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/8oz Rooster Tails in certain colors have worked well for me. My best color has always been Yellow Coachdog. Others in the brown and orange color range have worked well. On cloudy days, silver bladed darker and very light colors work well.
Passinthru Outdoors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black and brown have always been my go to rooster tails. See if you can find some trout magnets and floats. You will not be disappointed. https://www.troutmagnet.com/store/Trout-Magnet-c-15.html

Visit my Blog at: www.passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: