CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Trumbull 6/14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Trumbull 6/14 Reply with quote

Sunday I headed up to Twin Brooks and stopping at the funeral home first, arriving around 1:15. Wind was light, air was moist, temps were warm, and clouds kept increasing.

Water level has gone down and water has started getting murky. Due to floating algae and seeds, I couldn't do too much about bass so I did the bluegill cleaning.

Spotted a number of nice sized male gills guarding nests with an occasional visit by a female. I was able to get the males pretty pi$$ed by jigging and bottom twitching a weightless 1" soft plastic crayfish, resulting in 7 bluegills ranging from 7.5" to 9". All were chunky.

Once it was getting close to 4 and I needed something to drink, I headed over to the Shell station to grab a Gatorade and then hit Twin Brooks.

I hit many spots at Twin Brooks and threw a 1/4 ounce pearl white inline, glass minnow HJ-8, purpledescent FLR-8, custom painted sunset tiger J-7, custom painted blue shad J-9, and a variety of topwaters. The only success I had was landing a cookie cutter under a pound on a bullfrog Rebel Pop'n Frog.

I check the time and see it was 7:10. I already got to the last spot at the larger pond, so I decided to head down to the Pequonnock at Glenwood Park and The Wonderland of Ice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: