CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Trumbull 8/7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Trumbull 8/7 Reply with quote

Thursday afternoon I hit the funeral home pond with my 5'6" ML setup before heading over to Twin Brooks Park. Arrived at the funeral home around 2pm to find the water lower than normal, murky, and weedy.

2 lures I played with were a 3" Zoom tube and a 3" Berkley Gulp Minnow. Retrieve was using it as a gliding bait.

Bluegills were hammering the Berkley. Total on the Berkley was 3 largemouths with 1 being a nice 17.5" 2 pound 13 ounce fish. Total on the tube was 2 cookie cutters.

Later around 4:30pm I headed over to Twin Brooks.

Worked all 4 ponds. Caught a chubby 8" gill with the Berkley where Booth Hill Brook feeds into one of the ponds. Missed out on 2 bass in that same pond and had a school of bluegills mixed with smaller yellows attacking the Berkley.

Hit a 10" crappie at the main pond where I was into the yellows back in May and June. The crappie came shooting up out of nowhere and grabbed the Berkley.

Just before sunset I hit the larger pond with topwater. Had 2 small explosions on the Heddon Spit'n Image and a nice bass that looked at least 3 pounds follow it. Caught a cookie cutter with the Berkley.

Hit the road just after 8pm

17.5" 2 pound 13 ounce largemouth
fishfinder1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Very hood! Nice dink!
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow a michael selfie !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: