CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Hunting
Viewing Topic: Turkey Hunting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KidBass

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Turkey Hunting Reply with quote

5/3/08 My first turkey hunt went out turkey hunting with my uncle for jr hunting day.We went to 3 realy good spots.Woke up 4:30 and left to our first spot on state land. We went to the first spot then we moved in to were my uncle thought i could get a nice Tom but as soon as we got in to place we heard clucking we look around and then look up the tree we were sitting against. had 3 hen's above us so we were busted. We moved down a little and we heard about 6 Tom's after we called on our turkey calls. We coaught the noises on tape but we couldent get the Tom's to come in. Then we went to some spot i've been befor to deer hunt and we called right at the top of the road and heard 2 Tom's we moved down and got in place they were both very stubbern. They would not come in. we called and called and they did not come so we left.Now this is when things get interesting we go to are last spot we walk through like 5 feild get in to a corner were my uncle scouted the day before and we call 1 time no responce the secound time still nothing. The third call was the one two Tom's at the same time called back they were so close that we had no time to set up decoys or our blind so we sat next to the closest tree and called them both in the first one came out then the second one did. I aimed very carfuly at the birds waddle and I let my uncles shotgun fly as I took out the first one and the other flew away as fast as it could. My uncle got up fast and got to the bird incase it tried to get away. We got the bird and walked back to the truck and took pictures and vidios then we went home.

Wheight-15lb
Beard length-10In
Spurs-1/2 an in
Birds Age-2 1/2 years old

Need help posting my pictures on the forum.
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job.
The beard length seems to be a little long for the age and weight of the bird. You may want to check your tape measure you may have used the centimeter side.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quint's Revenge wrote:
Nice job.
The beard length seems to be a little long for the age and weight of the bird. You may want to check your tape measure you may have used the centimeter side.

The kid tends to exaggerate alot but he's not this time.
The beard measured 10in.
I happend to be a builder and know how to yous a tape.

Mike Rez. The Kid's dad

P.S. We'll try to get you a picture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Hunting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: