CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Twin Brooks Park 5/29
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Twin Brooks Park 5/29 Reply with quote

Decided to hit Twin Brooks Thursday seeing it was gonna be a nicer day with mostly sunny skies and winds dying down close to sunset. Got to Twin Brooks around 2:15pm with my 5'6" ML setup.

I started by playing with a number of lures, including bleeding copper flash F-7, tennessee shad HJ-6, silver FLR-6, perch F-7, brown trout J-7, shad SSR-5, and #1 Mepps Dressed Aglia.

The 2 F-7's and the HJ-6 had perch and bluegills interested but didn't set the hook on anything for a while.

Later when I come to a certain cove I landed a 14" 1 1/2 pound cookie cutter on the bleeding copper flash F-7. Gave me a nice pull on the 6 pound mono and 5'6" ML spinning rod.

Once I got to some deeper water I tried throwing a silver shad JSR-4 but nada.

Later I started playing suspending jerk and pause with the HJ-6 which caught me 2 dinky gills and 1 dinky seed. The pumpkinseed was the one that really slammed it and easily set the hook! Had a few bass follow the lure but didn't grab it.

Once I got back to the area I had started at and still had the HJ-6 on, I tried playing jerk and pause and also slow retrieve with it. The jerk and pause had bluegills curious and the slow retrieve got me 2 dinky yellows and a few hits and yellows following.

Then came 7pm which meant XRP-7 topwater at the larger pond once the wind started dying down. Hit a number of spots but only had 1 small explosion and 2 fish chase it without hitting it.

Hit the road just before 8pm.
Punz203

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which one of the 3 lakes you have better luck?
Michael

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 certain ponds that produce the best are the main pond and the larger pond.

The larger pond is the place for a summer evening topwater bite.

The main pond holds more trout than others and also has a good number of yellows and crappie vs other ponds. Caught my new PB 13.5" 14 ounce yellow there earlier this month.
Punz203

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the pond that has the sand area is a no go?
Michael

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pond with that beach is the main pond. That pond is still a good place for bass and holds a number of pickerel.

Also, you need a valid Trumbull resident parking sticker, otherwise fight with the town by showing your fishing license.
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,
i know the town park rangers personally and unfortunately they
are given strict orders to issue 95 dollar tickets for non sticker holders.
it is unlikegreat hollow where a fishing license gets you in with no issue
Punz203

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See that's the shit I don't like. Fishing license says all waters in ct. So I guess don't Park in the park and walk in?
mikeyinstfd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I was stopped there and told I had to use the lot way in the back just outside the park almost.ridiculous
mikeyinstfd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I was stopped there and told I had to use the lot way in the back just outside the park almost.ridiculous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: