CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Tyler & Lake W
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimfish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Tyler & Lake W Reply with quote

Late report. Sat 9/29 Ben & I started at Tyler at 7:30am. Wind was about 10mph when we started. Water was clear and the water temp 68deg. Started fishing the bog area with Ben catching a pickerel on a crankbait. but with the water about 2ft down the bog area was a little to shallow to fish on a sunny day. Started flipping a jig in the weeds without any luck. By this time the wind picked up to 15mph. Started throwing a spinnerbait over the tops of the weeds and this was the key to catching what bass we could with the wind geting worse. We fished our way around Catching 7 bass between us. Nice quality bass between 1 1/2 to 2 1/2lbs When we got off around 9:30 there were white caps there.
So we headed to Lake W. I'll call it lake W because everybody hates Lake X reports. On the water again around 10:15am. Wind around 10mph. Water very stained and lake is down over 2ft. Looks like someone decided to kill the weeds here. Well the milfoil any ways. My favorite milfoil beds were gone. We fished the midlake rock humps with onle a few
small bass on the jig&pig for me and a 3" grub for Ben.
Ben did manage two giant pickerel on the remnants of my favorite weed bed Headed the north end of the lake to get out of the ever increasing wind. We started catching many small bass on grubs. Tried to fish my favorite falldowns But with the low water they proved to be a waste of time.
Went back to the rock hump But the 20+ mph wind just blew us right pass it. Got back to the launch at 4pm. The wind slowed somewhat so wee decided to fish our way up the west shoreline and then goback to the midlake humps one more time. THis proved to be real great for Ben. He outfished me 10 bass to 2 over this time. And he also catches the lunker of the day. At 4lb 10oz

We ended the day catching 51 bass between us. Except for the 4 10 Ben caught and the 7 bass at Tyler. The other 43 bass were mostly runts which are very abundent at Lake W.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job under some not-so-nice conditions!
jlaz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go guys! 43, even if they are runts, will keep you busy! Nice bass.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job guys, did way better than I did.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW,

Good jobs guys..

Yeah the wind kill me too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: