CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Unexpected catch while fishing "the swamp"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flukeprodigy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Unexpected catch while fishing "the swamp" Reply with quote

So there's a local spot by me that I fish during the week b/c it's close by. It's a real dump but holds some semi decent fish and a nice variety. So i took my roommate fishing the other night after work and needless to say, he's a rookie that I"m trying to get into the sport. He was bored until he landed a 3lb LMB....his biggest fish ever Laughing Now he's addicted to fishing Very Happy So we're about to leave when my rod bends in half. I quick set the hook and the fight is on. Whatever it was , didn't wanna come off the bottom and put up a nice fight. As the fight went on, the feel of what was on the line started feeling quite familar. It was then that I saw it.....A FRIGGIN EEL! I haven't caught one of them since I was a kid. Totally random and unexpected as I didn't think this place was holding eels. Obviously i let it go but it was a nice way to end the night. Not everyday you land an eel while bass fishing

[/img]
Just4fun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: cool Reply with quote

Cool pic,..congrats, I guess! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Keith T

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.... i guess....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made another trip back yesterday and got into some decent bass and also a snapping turtle that I battled w/ for 15 mins. I just wanted to get the damn hook outta his mouth but he kept digging into the mud and eventually snapped me off. I'd have to estimate his weight at around 15lbs. He looks small in the pic but I can assure you he's a bruiser.

and a nice early season LMB
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the eel flukeprodigy. I caught an eel when I was younger and now it always amazes me how something so slender and thin can put up a battle like landing a lunker striper! Could never quite figure that out. They must coil around anything they can find much like a snake does to keep from being pulled toward the water's surface. Fluke next time you run into another one of those snappers just use your Boga grips and haul his a$$ out of the water to keep him from taking your lures! Very Happy
flukeprodigy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterJim wrote:
Congrats on the eel flukeprodigy. I caught an eel when I was younger and now it always amazes me how something so slender and thin can put up a battle like landing a lunker striper! Could never quite figure that out. They must coil around anything they can find much like a snake does to keep from being pulled toward the water's surface. Fluke next time you run into another one of those snappers just use your Boga grips and haul his a$$ out of the water to keep him from taking your lures! Very Happy

I could've gotten him unhooked if he didn't burrow into the mud near shore. I got him to within 10 ft of me but he just wasn't budging. He just kept digging those big claws into the mud and had too much leverage on me. I would've needed a winch to get him outta there...heh. He sure is a bruiser.
flukeprodigy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sevnseat wrote:
at least you caught some fish! I was beginning to worry we might have to create a seperate topic: Weird Non-Fish things that flukeprodigy caught.

That's entirely possible as I have a tendency to catch very strange things. Last year I caught a bike while squid fishing...lol. This year it was a honda hubcap, an eel and a snapper Rolling Eyes
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lookin bass but that alien your holding in the first pic is SCARY!! Shocked
JESTERJACKSON

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn George, You told me you would take me there but now I don't know. That thing is gross!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JESTERJACKSON wrote:
Damn George, You told me you would take me there but now I don't know. That thing is gross!

wrong place joe. I told you i'd take you to the secret lake if I could. This is just the sesspool i fish after work when I don't have time to venture outta town.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: