CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Upper Moodus Reservoir 05/14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Upper Moodus Reservoir 05/14 Reply with quote

TurtleKiss (aka Kira) and I fished Upper Moodus Reservoir from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm. While we were on the water, the air temperature ranged from the mid 50s to the low 60s and the wind blew out of the south-southeast at less than 10 miles per hour. Despite the weather forecast of "intermittent clouds", we fished under bluebird skies all morning. The temperature of the tea-stained water ranged from 63 to 67 degrees. After we launched my boat, The Other Woman, Too, Kira motored us over to the island. She threw a White Strike King Midnight Special spinnerbait, while I went with a wacky-rigged Green Pumpkin/Red Flake five inch Gary Yamamoto Baits Yamasenko (aka Senko). She got the first bite and quickly boated the first of about a dozen spinnerbait chain pickerel:

It took me a little while, but banging the shore with the very slowly fished Senko soon paid off with the target species:

We checked out the shallows in the southeast corner; nothing. We checked out a bedding area in the southwest corner; just another pickerel. When we checked out the northeast corner, a green Bitsy Bug jig with a green/red flake Paca Craw trailer got me yet another pickerel:

I tried, Carl! Wink But a wacky-rigged Black/Blue Flake Senko got me another largemouth bass:

Did I make it look really, really BIG? Laughing We didn't spot many beds and none with largemouth bass on them anywhere on the reservoir. The pattern, if you could call it that, was that chain pickerel would hit anything that moved and largemouth bass would pick up slowly fished wacky-rigged Senkos off of the bottom. For this reason, Kira caught only pickerel. Crying or Very sad We ended up leaving the reservoir because I was hungry for some BBQ after having had a Whopper Jr. for breakfast. Yes, Burger King is now selling hamburgers for breakfast! Whoo Hoo! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like pickerel have been on an active feeding pattern too.

I see the belly on the pick you caught is very much like the bigger ones I caught today, all having something fresh in their stomach.
PECo

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
It looks like pickerel have been on an active feeding pattern too.

I see the belly on the pick you caught is very much like the bigger ones I caught today, all having something fresh in their stomach.

Laughing All of the pickerel we caught were small, Michael. But, yeap, they were definitely feeding well.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give up on the Bug Phil! Next time were out I'll give you the colors that work for me. It's been working very well on Candy. Found some new "SECRET" spots. LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: