CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Vacation Highlites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimfish

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Vacation Highlites Reply with quote

I just finished 2weeks of my summer fishing vacation. I'm going to try to remember the details of the three best days.
The 1st week I fished lakes such as Lakeville,Ball PondLong Meadow Pond Moodus Res.and Mudge. But by far the most memorable day was the one on the 26th at Ball Pond.

Got on the water at 8:30 am. Rowed to the deep warter dropoff and was greeted with a nice 2lb 12oz bass on the dropshot.

Fished my way to the northern weedflat. Which has always been my most productive area. I opted to go with my favorite bait.(A Black& Blue Jig& Pig. And was greeted with my 1st real pig of my vacation. A 5lb 5oz beauty. Saw a guy fishing with his kids and asked him to take a picture for me.

The next cast after chatting for awhile produced anothe pig at 4lb 6oz.

The next 3hrs only produced 3 more bass but one of them was 3 lb 3oz

At 4:30 I started to fish my way back to the launch. Stopped at the other weed flat on the west side of the pond and was greeted with yet another 3lb+ bass at 3lb 6oz

Stopped at the deepwater dropoff at the southern end of the pond and caught 5 more bass before I got off the water.
Ended the day with 24 beautiful Bass.

Many of you may not believe where the next highlite comes from. It was on 7/30.

Was going to fish Tyler. But when I was leaving my house the sun comes out. I wont fish Tyler on a sunny day because of all the pleasure crafts. (I'm being nice with that discription)
So I decided to make my bi-annual trip to Winchester.
Got on the water at 8:30 am. It seems nomater what time i get up I always seem to get on the water at 8:30. Fished my way to the northern end with only one little suny and one runt bass on the dropshot.
At 11:30 I say to myself that if I don't get anything by 12:30 I was out of there. But I get 2 small bass flippin' the pads. Then I started fliippin' any tree I could.(And there are many)
And get 2 more small bass. I see a guy fishing out of a kayak and start fishing my way over to asked how he was doing.Instead of fishing the cluster of trees I start throwing at single ones. And to my surprize I hook into a real pig at 4lb2oz. I ask the guy in the kayak to take a pic. He was more then happy.

Afer chatting with him a bit. I told him I was going to try to fish every one of the trees I could in deep water with the jig&pig and within about 10min I hook into another pig at 4lb10oz. So I go back to my new friend for some more pic.

I know it looks like the same bass but it's not.

OK ....Back to the trees and within min I hook into another pig. THis one a real giant. At 6lb 5oz. Back to my new friend for another pic Very Happy

I gop back to the tres again and hook yet another giant. Bu this one spits the hook on a jump. I can't believe a bass that big could jump that high. SIGH. Oh well I guess you cant catch them all. I fish this area an other 1/2 hr without another bite. It's starting to rain so I decide to fish my way back to the launch. I get another bass about 1 1/2lbs on the way. I'm just about across the launch and I have put all my nrods away except the jig rod and the dropshot rod. There is only one standing tree in sight so I throw the dropshot at it and catch another sunny. I thriow back at it and I don't feel anything but my line is moving . Set the hook and it just takes off. All I could to to back reel to keep up with it. And after a few tense min I bring yet another pig to the boat at 4lb 12oz

This 2nd week of vacation had quite a few highlites. And a few low lites.
But I'll give you just one more surprize highlite.

8/1 Don't know Y But I decided to make another sacraficial trip to East Twin. All the reports this yearwere not very good for this lake since they got rid of the weeds.
Got on the water at (you guessed it) 8:30am Fished my way to the old boat house without even a hint of a bite. Put the old Min-Kota on high and went to the other boat house onthe island on the other side of the lake. Fished my way to the point. Zip. zilch,noda . A few min later catch a sunny and then a small bass about 10". At least the skunk is out of the boat. Fished past the tower and to the bridge at the back of the island. Catch another small bass on the jig&pig. Go under the bridge and see al those beautiful pads. I didn't bring a rod with braid I usually use for pad fishing. But I do have my jig rod with 20lb floro. So O pitch it in and it is too light of a jig. Look into my box and find a jig I had put together with extra skirts to try to make it more wedless. A big 1oz jig put the biggest trailer I had on it and pitch it into the pads. I can't believe it. A very skinny 4lb bass comes out.

Fised these pads for quite awhile without another bite and then try the cabbage wed edge again without a bite. Start fishing the pads again back to the bridge and get yet another pig at 4lb 3oz

Go back under the bridge and fish the drop shot in 20' of water back to the point without a bite. Get to the point and I'm in 25' and feel the dropshot stop dead. Set te hook and it is on again. Thos fish is really digging for the Zebra Muscles. All I can do with 6# floro with my new custom dropshot rod by RayZCT. But I get yet another pig at 4lb 2oz

Got 2more bass from the point one at 2lb 2oz and the other at 13"

Well that is it for the best of the vacation. There were a few more Ball Pond highlites and 1 good Long Meadow day.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! nice Bass! Great report... Looks like a real nice vacation!!!

Just one more cast...
jlaz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a GREAT vacation Jim. Beautiful fish!
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on a great vacation Jim, those are some nice fish!
Just4fun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great fish,..those were some awesome days for sure!!
Just outta curiousity, how'd you do at Moodus this year?
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chriiiiist!!!! Looks like Jim's mojo is at it again! Very Happy Sounded like an awesome fishing vacation Jim. Thanks for the report and great pics also.
jimfish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Just outta curiousity, how'd you do at Moodus this year?[/quote]

Don't ask Mark. 10hrs fishing 10 bass 2 1/2lbs the largest.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow jimfish sounds like you had one heck of a vacation.good for you Thumbs Up those are some really nice fish!
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

Great report and awesome fish..

Good pictures, the last few picture you started to look tired, possibly from catching so many fish.

I wanted to be more like Mark (Just4Fun) I think now I want to be more like JimFish.

You are amazing...! Wink

Ron

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish...I wish my vaca's ended up like that insted of family pinics... Laughing
snakebite

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now thats a great vacation Very Happy

snakebite
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post is a joke, right???????

There aint no bass like that in crappy o'll Winchester!!!!!!

Youre just throwing us off Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Great vacation Jim! Reply with quote

Some quality fish Jim. Nice to see some hogs come from Winchester. I've never had any big fish from there. Have you tried Winnamaug yet this year? Heard they are talking about putting in a real ramp.
Tight lines
Tim
fishingkik

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you say WOW! jimfish that is one hell of a report. Now that's the kind of report we all like to see. Great looking bass (damb they're big).Looks like you had a great vacation. Now your probably going to need another vacation to rest that tired arm of yours Very Happy . Again great report!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: