CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Veritas Rod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAP284

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Veritas Rod Reply with quote

Anyone have one and have any good/bad reviews? I just picked up one today from Cabelas for flippin. Had it on sale for $80 for 7'3" fast action...Seems like a very solid, strong, rod. Picked up a new baitcaster too to go along with it 7.2:1 ratio, Cabelas Tournament XT for $50...not a bad price!

i read some reviews that were old but they were all good. A lot said that for the price it's an awesome flippin rod. Just wanted to get some people's opinion here if any.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fishing buddy had bought one and two guides broke within the first 5 trips with it (spinning, medium action). He isnt hard on his gear either. Not sure what happened - maybe we got a lemon? I dont know, but he wasnt happy with the Veritas purchase at all. I on the other hand love all my Abu gear and cannot say enough good things about Abu Garcia except i have never bought a Veritas. I own a Vendetta for fresh and a Volatile for salt and love both of them.
angry john

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there decent rods. I have the same rod and use it for frog fishing. I would like a longer handle, to fight the fish threw the veg, but other than that it is good to go.
SAP284

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aroz wrote:
My fishing buddy had bought one and two guides broke within the first 5 trips with it (spinning, medium action). He isnt hard on his gear either. Not sure what happened - maybe we got a lemon? I dont know, but he wasnt happy with the Veritas purchase at all. I on the other hand love all my Abu gear and cannot say enough good things about Abu Garcia except i have never bought a Veritas. I own a Vendetta for fresh and a Volatile for salt and love both of them.

Yeah I have a Vengence casting rod as well. I use my Vengence rod as my primary rod, and have used it for the past year with no problems at all. I am hoping this Veritas is the same quality. I love my Abu gear as well, good stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: