CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Twin Brooks Park
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Twin Brooks Park Reply with quote

Tuesday afternoon I headed over to Twin Brooks Park. Conditions were perfect out. Overcast sky and light winds. Thought I was gonna have a productive day between the conditions and talk about a low pressure frontal system coming.

Got to the main cove of the main pond around 3:30pm and played with a few lures. Fish weren't too active but did catch a dinky 3" perch on a purpledescent Flat Rap FLR-6.

Moved on to the smaller cove and island but only had bluegills following a glass minnow Husky Jerk HJ-6.

Next stop was the lower end of the pond with the gazebo. Played topwater there by throwing a chartreuse ghost X-Rap Popper XRP-7. Had 1 pickerel come shooting out for it but didn't set the hook. A few casts later while walking the lure, I catch a 12" pickerel. The 2 hits I had weren't your usual explosions. They were something like a mouth carefully popping up for the tail.

No more hits so I went to the upper part of the upper pond on the right. Lures I tried throwing there were the XRP-7, perch FLR-6, bleeding pearl F-7, purpledescent Shallow Shad Rap SSR-7, and pearl grey shiner Clackin Crank CNC-53. All that happened was a 15" pickerel on the FLR-6.

Made a few more stops before calling it a day early and leaving at 5:50pm.
rmflint

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I have to say these pressure changes have been doing wonders for me...just with three pounders. I caught 5 3 pounders in 6 days of fishing. Can't beat 3.2 lbs though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: