CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: not a very good day at footehill pond...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chud059

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: not a very good day at footehill pond... Reply with quote

Went today to hopefully have the luck I had last week. Only caught one fish and I'm beginning to think it wasn't bass.. anyway, I tried spinnerbaits/crankbaits/a weedless frog and caught the one fish on a white 2 inch grub. ugh.... I am going to pop over to risely after dinner I think. I am going to google some fish to see if they match what I caught...maybe white perch? I don't know.
SAP284

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What colors/markings does it have? And size?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MANIMAL and I went to Risley this morning from around 5 am. He had more success than me. I had some early hits but I am still learning hook setting so I lost two during reeling in. I got my first fish around 9:30 am after he has gone home. Then it is tough to get hit because the temperature got higher so I just took out my pan fish rod and had some fan, had some small perch Cool
chud059

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAP. When I started to catch them last week they had mouths like bass..but smaller... not very brown and I don't think they had that line down their sides. Some browness, more silvery but after I caught the one today I don't think it was bass. Big though...12-14 inches... one was almost 2 lbs. They fought pretty well.

HIt Risely tonight, no luck... a family was by the spillway I like to fish, I didn't feel like waiting.. I am going to Bigelow tomorrow late afternoon into the evening.
SAP284

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chud059 wrote:
SAP. When I started to catch them last week they had mouths like bass..but smaller... not very brown and I don't think they had that line down their sides. Some browness, more silvery but after I caught the one today I don't think it was bass. Big though...12-14 inches... one was almost 2 lbs. They fought pretty well.

If its 2 lbs and 14 inches I doubt it was a white perch. Maybe a smallie?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: