CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Halls Pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mase2020

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Halls Pond Reply with quote

Went to Halls Pond on 7/28/12 with my son. First time here and I have heard a lot about the lake so I wanted to give it a try.

The lake is an 81.5 acre lake that is roof top access only. The is a dirt launch area and I saw a a guy get a pretty good sized boat in the pond from the launch. Parking area was full with three vehicles and we had to park on the side of the road to the launch.

The lake is a bass management lake, with numerous islands around the lake. There are also a few rock outcropping type islands around the lake in the middle, which I liked. No depth finder, but I found it to be on the shallower side. Water was stained with visibility limited to about a foot in most areas, but some areas I could see down about two feet. I found the bottom varied between mud, rock and some vegetation that did not extend too close to the surface. Very limited aquatic vegetation all found on the west side of the lake from the mid point slightly up to the northwest corner. A few houses around the lake maybe four or five tops, with one or two dock.

Here are some picture of the launch and the lake.

Got to the lake at about 6:30 AM the water was flat calm, but picked up a little later in the day. Sun just staring to come out, but there were clouds in the sky. Started out fishing directly across from the launch. Using my bait caster with 12 pound mono started throwing a 5"wacky rigged watermelon candy Yum Dinger ( really starting to like these and having good luck with them). On my third or fourth cast in between some rock and and island I got a hit and set the hook, well the fish ran right away and before I could change my drag that was not set correctly (snap) fish gone. Evil or Very Mad really would have liked to know what it was. Well before I could retie my son had caught a small large mouth on an original floating F-7 Bleeding Copper Rapala.

Continued to fish some more staying with the Yum Dinger same color and in shallow water close to shore I caught a 2 pound largemouth

My second I caught near another island in a south west cove again with the Yum Dinger.

My son continued with his Bleeding Copper Rapala and caught a sunfish

And while trolling a SSR sunfish pattern he caught a 15 inch pickerel

Before we left I went back to where I had gotten broken off at the beginning of the day and caught another with the Yum Dinger. This one ran for a while and I thought it was going to be bigger for the way it fought it was short but fat.

There were about five to six other boats on the water and I spoke to a couple different guys who each caught a couple of four pound bass. We got off the water at about 11:00 AM. Love the lake due to the islands which I seem to like to fish by plus get out and stretch. I did throw a weedless football jig with a craw trailer and a SSR perch but very limited may be twenty casts. The rest of the day was the Yum Dinger. Saw lots of sun fish as well in case anyone with kids wants to go there.

Mase
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Good going Thumbs Up

Now that's what I call QUALITY TIME Exclamation

SeaDog1
MarkO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for an awesome report! I've always wanted to try Halls and wondered how it looked. Thanks again, and good fishing by you and your son!
Passinthru Outdoors

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking outing and quality time with the kids. Haven't fished there in over 10 years but caught probably my best smallie off that rock island, Congrats

Visit my Blog at: www.passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fishing!
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard halls has some monsters in it Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: