CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Rules & Regs , Saftey Notices, Recalls, & Laws
Viewing Topic: Trout fishing rules after Oct 31?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Trout fishing rules after Oct 31? Reply with quote

I know that trout season closed after Sep 1/Oct 31 (for most areas). Is the closing only for keeping trout?

I know that you can fish out of season (except March 1 - Opening Day) as long as you use barbless/pressed barb hooks and no additional weight. Does this apply to all bodies of water? Just TMA's? Just limited water bodies?

I'm mostly concerned about being able to fish the entirety of the Mill River in Hamden (excluding Sleeping Giant and TMA) and Salmon River in Colchester.
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is that it depends. Whether and how you can fish a body of water depends on which body of water it is. I'm not a trout guy, so I've never bothered to decipher the regulations for all of the trout rivers and streams, but you can knock yourself out reading the 2012 Connecticut Angler's Guide:

http://www.eregulations.com/connecticut/fishing/rivers-streams/

If you're unsure about a particular body of water, post the question. I'm sure there's a trout guy on here who would know the answer. Or, if you'd prefer to look it up yourself, here's the text of the actual regulations on which the 2012 Connecticut Angler's Guide is based:

http://www.ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/regulations/26/26-112-21through48.pdf

Last edited by PECo on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya im wth Phil on that 1 trout locations and rules for each body of water get to be a pain thats why I love bass and pike Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a trout fisherman too. As Phil said, it depends on which bodies you're fishing.

All TMA are C&R after 9/31 and are open year round. Some lakes and ponds close early. All WTMA and certain TMA require single barbless hook. All other lakes, ponds, and rivers that aren't anything special -- TMA, WTMA, Trout Park, Trophy Trout Lake -- go by the regular regs, which are 5 trout, no minimal size, and any bait can be used.

Any trout waters that aren't a management area and don't close early are open to fishing until the last day of Feb.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the answers.

NWDarkcloud wrote:
ya im wth Phil on that 1 trout locations and rules for each body of water get to be a pain thats why I love bass and pike Laughing

I enjoy bass too and I've got my bass spot all set Smile but no Pike near me unfortunately down in Hamden.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Rules & Regs , Saftey Notices, Recalls, & Laws All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: