CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantam Saturday :(
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjo16

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Bantam Saturday :( Reply with quote

Decided to hit up the fresh today since the salt blows. Got at bantam at 7am and it was pretty thick fog. water was pretty green and couldnt see much past a foot. Pretty crappy hot day. Started trying top water in the pads but nada. Used a variety of stuff spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, senkos, crankbaits, grubs, nightcrawlers. Only thing doing was basically the nightcrawler here and there which my brother used alot and just yellow and white perch. I got one yellow on a grub and the only decent fish all day was a largemouth I got on a senko in the pads that buried itself into and i had to go over to it and use the oar and net to get it out of those suckers. lucky to get the fish in there. really didn't see anyone else pull in anything either except saw one small largemouth the guy next to us got. Tried shallow, medium and deep but couldnt buy a fish. Had a couple other fish on a senko but nothing great and they got off. Headed in at 1 to get the wakeboard and do some of that and cool off. supposedly there was a small tourney there today. anyone from here in that or know how it went? I think this is probably the first time i have hit bantam in dog days of summer. is it always this slow in july/aug? where are all the pike this time of year?
damage inc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went up to mt Tom today and same crap bro. Hot hot hot. My buddy and I were the only one's fishing from 6:00-10:30. Event after trout deep with alewives. Once the hit the water they died almost instantly! Tried to get them down to the thermal climb but only a few survived. One big pull, lost em though.

My buddy caught a 22" 2.5 lb pickerel though! Mfer was huge!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah makes you wonder like this is the normal weather down south but you know these guys prob are having decent days. guess its a different strain and whatever
clinteastwood

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bantam is a tough lake. Years ago I used to fish it in the evening throwing jitterbugs into the lily pads. Used to get some nice bass that way. Also in the early morning used to fish crawfish on the bottom over by the kids camp and got a lot of bullheads over there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: