CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help
Viewing Topic: LED Trailer Lights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: LED Trailer Lights Reply with quote

A police officer recently pointed out to me that my passenger side trailer brake light is malfunctioning. Coincidentally, Harbor Freight Tools has LED trailer lights on sale until March 31, 2013. I'm going to get these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/one-pair-submersible-trailer-led-lights-94137.html

With a 20 percent off coupon, they'll be only $31.99. Cool Cabela's sells a similar set for $84.99. Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just letting you know that harbor freight has some really cheap products that may not be worth your money. My friends and myself have had many experiences where the tools we buy don't last for a day. Just yesterday I bought a tire patch kit and snapped one of the tools in under a minute...............just a heads up
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowhunter095 wrote:
Just letting you know that harbor freight has some really cheap products that may not be worth your money. My friends and myself have had many experiences where the tools we buy don't last for a day. Just yesterday I bought a tire patch kit and snapped one of the tools in under a minute...............just a heads up

Yeap, I know that it sells cheap, Chinese made crap like Walmart. Wink I always read the product reviews before buying anything that costs anything. The reviews for the LED trailer brake lights are overwhelmingly positive.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your smarter than I am Phil! I believe everything in the store has a warranty so you could bring it back and they'll replace it anyway.
x182dan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The are a ripoff of these Reese ones http://www.amazon.com/Reese-Towpower-86006-Trailer-Light/dp/B0016KFY0O/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1363893015&sr=8-5&keywords=Submersible+Trailer+Lights++LED
I'm sure the harbor freight ones are fine but a cheaper crappier version of the reese lights.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x182dan wrote:
The are a ripoff of these Reese ones http://www.amazon.com/Reese-Towpower-86006-Trailer-Light/dp/B0016KFY0O/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1363893015&sr=8-5&keywords=Submersible+Trailer+Lights++LED
I'm sure the harbor freight ones are fine but a cheaper crappier version of the reese lights.

The brand that Cabela's sells is Optronics. But I just paid only $31.99 at Harbor Freight. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
x182dan wrote:

The brand that Cabela's sells is Optronics. But I just paid only $31.99 at Harbor Freight. Very Happy

Phil - How'd they work out? LEDs are the best investment EVER.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were a breeze to install and work terrifically. So far, so good. I'll post a photo when I get a chance,

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rewired my entire trailer this winter and my drivers side LED taillight failed less then a week after using it. Still limping around on it. The light works great i suppose- minus the fact that the braking function is toast while the turn signal and driving light is fine Rolling Eyes

I was just told about it the other day when I backed my boat down a launch.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickp wrote:
I rewired my entire trailer this winter and my drivers side LED taillight failed less then a week after using it. Still limping around on it. The light works great i suppose- minus the fact that the braking function is toast while the turn signal and driving light is fine Rolling Eyes

I was just told about it the other day when I backed my boat down a launch.

Is it a Harbor Freight Tools light, Nick?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same exact link you posted bud. Just make sure you take a peak when your fishin buddy drops you in and pulls the trailer out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: