CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT River 5/24
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dogfishhead

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: CT River 5/24 Reply with quote

I went out last night to a couple of spots south of Middletown.

Got out to the first spot right at last light and I was throwing a yellow/white pencil and a 9" white sluggo. Didn't get a hit or swirl and there wasn't much current and the water was low so I made the move to the next place.

As I was pulling up to the next spot I could see that the water was moving faster and that gave me a good feeling. I tied on my favorite plug to use in fast water, the Bliz Slammer in natural herring pattern. Third or fourth cast I hooked up to a decent fish that popped off the hook halfway coming in. A few casts later the same thing, fish popped off coming in.

I started to move around a lil bit so as to not be casting to the same piece of water over and over again. About 25 mins later I hooked up again and this time I landed her! 35" with some meaty shoulders and my best fish this year so far.

It's a shame they stopped production on the slammer because in a good current it can be a real slayer.

Last edited by dogfishhead on Sat May 25, 2013 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
JimiChanga

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish man!!! Shocked

I keep forgetting about stripers in the CT River, gots to go sometime soon.

John.
Michael

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catch!
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Was the water up much? It's projected to reach close to minor flood stage by Tuesday. USGS also had temps at Haddam up to 69 Thursday, and back down to 63 today.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
dogfishhead

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ct/nwis/rt

Here's a site I use to check the water temp and level... I think that you are already using this site but its a great way to check up on river temps and water level

I think that with the water temp dropping over the next few days it may reignite the feed of the bass and keep them in the river for a tad bit longer, lol

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogfishhead wrote:
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ct/nwis/rt

Here's a site I use to check the water temp and level... I think that you are already using this site but its a great way to check up on river temps and water level

I think that with the water temp dropping over the next few days it may reignite the feed of the bass and keep them in the river for a tad bit longer, lol

Nice catch and thanks for the link.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: