CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: what are my chances of hitting penfield reef this weekend.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonamcobain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: what are my chances of hitting penfield reef this weekend. Reply with quote

? going to be chunking for sure. Are they there yet!
Lamar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fish are always there. Getting them to take what you're offering is the problem.

I'll probably catch the incoming tomorrow morning, but I haven't seen much bait yet.
Shane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually thinking of goin to penfield this weekend also.. i know the stripers arnt really hitting but im just lookin to get something
catch&release

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet is to go for fluke. I caught a 21 1/2' er Weds on the MiddleBankII. Won the pool with it

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys killing it here in ny rite now under verazanno fish on!
insomnia11

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: veranzano fishing pier???? Reply with quote

are you fishing on a boat?.. or from that pier on the brooklyn side?
i keep hearing about this fishing pier,under the bridge(on the south side)...and right next to the B.Q.E ???
i keep looking out for it. im a towncar driver...i'm all over the tri-state!i keep a 6ft medium ugly stick, in the trunk.at all times! Wink Wink
clint
sonamcobain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: veranzano fishing pier???? Reply with quote

insomnia11 wrote:
are you fishing on a boat?.. or from that pier on the brooklyn side?
i keep hearing about this trainfishing pier,under the bridge(on the south side)...and right next to the B.Q.E ???
i keep looking out for it. im a towncar driver...i'm all over the tri-state!i keep a 6ft medium ugly stick, in the trunk.at all times! Wink Wink
clint

Lol I fish near the bridge but the pier and bridge is quite far apart. No boat wish I had one. Get off on 96 st. R train runs there and walk towards the bridge. or if ur driving ummm not sure but there is parking space when ur on the belt parkaway I believe. Anyways when ur close to believe just take a look ull see a parking spot. Another thing is there certain spots that produce more. Fool around n ull get to know the spot. I tend to not fish where everyone is fishing. Today caught like 8 dog fish n 3 snapper n a fluke, skates, 2searobin lol Strangely the bite started happening when the tide started dying out. Usually high tide is better there but be sure bring six ounce sinkers as current is crazy there during high tide. Good luck fishing. Anothet thing the pier is filled with obnoxious ppl.
insomnia11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks buddy!
i was focused on under the bridge and a wee bit south! the pier is actually NORTH of the bridge 5-6 blocks Very Happy .
didn't know the current was that strong right there! i had figured 3oz...maybe 4oz!
might have to bring one of the big boys for that pier! lol
it's sad about the "people with attitude" i've gotten enought of that around here!
fishing wasn't like that back in the days.
clint
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: