CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Recipes
Viewing Topic: Salmon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fisherman100

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Salmon Reply with quote

Grilled salmon- Well, not really...
Well, i never cooked salmon before, so i just threw stuff together. Wel, on the salmon , i loaded it with lemon, in tinfoil, sprinkle of salt, some cajun spice, some ·Cajun Land Blackened Redfish Seasoning and just put pepper and let it grill for 15 mins, lol, it was goopd for my first time! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Facebook.com/LorenzoNReyes
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salmon is the easiest fish to cook well. I usually line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, put a salmon fillet on it skin side down, sprinkle it with salt and pepper, and pop it under the broiler in my oven for seven to nine minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet.

When I was a kid, a neighbor had us over for dinner and served grilled salmon with a small pitcher of melted butter blended with lemon juice.

Oh, great, now I'm hungry, again! Rolling Eyes Thanks a lot. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, yeah, im hungry too Sad no lunch for another hour Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad well, nice to hear someone to share their recipe too, i want some more too. i might cook some trout today if i have enough charcoal Very Happy Very Happy Laughing
SheltonTom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best salmon I've made:

Take a bunch of cilantro and a bunch of parsley and chop in a food processor. Add a few cloves of garlic, some salt and pepper, a few tablespoons of olive oil, juice of a lemon and a teaspoon or more of siracha sauce (more if you can handle the heat). Blend the ingredients togeth until it forms a paste.

For best results, put the salmon on a cedar plank that has been imersed in water for an hour or so and place on a hot grill until cooked to medium. For almost as good results, place in an oiled glass baking dish, skin side down, and bake at 400 for fifteen minutes or until medium.

Place the salmon on a plate of arugala with a squirt of lemon juice and you have a meal!
Fisherman100

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice, i think that would taste really good, i think i might try it some time Very Happy Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy so, thanks for the ingredients tom!
PECo

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheltonTom wrote:
The best salmon I've made:

Take a bunch of cilantro and a bunch of parsley and chop in a food processor. Add a few cloves of garlic, some salt and pepper, a few tablespoons of olive oil, juice of a lemon and a teaspoon or more of siracha sauce (more if you can handle the heat). Blend the ingredients togeth until it forms a paste.

For best results, put the salmon on a cedar plank that has been imersed in water for an hour or so and place on a hot grill until cooked to medium. For almost as good results, place in an oiled glass baking dish, skin side down, and bake at 400 for fifteen minutes or until medium.

Place the salmon on a plate of arugala with a squirt of lemon juice and you have a meal!

I tried the cedar plank thing, I still have the charred plank, but prefer the crispiness that putting a fatty fish fillet like steelhead trout close to a broiler gives you. It's like fish bacon. I agree with you about the arugula and lemon juice, though.

Oh, great, now I'm even hungrier! Rolling Eyes Thanks a lot. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never quite figured out how to get te crispy skin thing going until fairly recently. The last time I made salmon I pan fried the skin side very hot in a non-stick pan for a few minutes then flipped it, topped it and put the pan in a hot oven.

Not quite bacon, but tasty nonetheless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Recipes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: