CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Fishing Mansfield Hollow Lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradley_G

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Fishing Mansfield Hollow Lake Reply with quote

Hey all, New to the site. I'm traveling up to Mansfield in a couple of weeks, and when I travel on business I always bring my rod with me. I'm looking for some advice on fishing the area looking to catch a chain pickerel (never have before) or a big pike (my first was caught last week in MN at 22"). I live in GA so I we have lots of good bass fishing, but I'd love to catch walleye too. If you can offer any help, that would be great. I'll be fishing early mornings or evenings, I may set a whole day aside to go to the coast If the fishing is worth it.
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice is avoid Mansfield Hollow like the plague. There are (allegedly) northern pike in there but you have a better chance of catching a great white shark in my opinion. If you're looking for pickerel, and better fishing, a trip down to Moodus Reservoir might not be a bad idea.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halls ponds Eastford ct...went ice fishing at mansfeild in January caught one yellow perch in two hours picked up our gear and went to Halls and banged out 19 Chained Picks in 4hrs with two other buddies 8 of them mine 2 on my jig pole the rest on tip ups that being said not sure how much shore access there is there.. ps  coincidentally getting my 16 alumacraft side counsel trailered up and heading to Mansfield for some early morning Bassin let ya kno if I hit on any Chainez
bigh1590

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea hit up Mansfield on sat no luck on the chainz but did pull out a few small bass over 12 inch and a ton of panfish and tiny bass ( prob 5 or 6 all under 8 inches) had never seen so many little guys in one spot
bigh1590

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea hit up Mansfield on sat no luck on the chainz but did pull out a few small bass over 12 inch and a ton of panfish and tiny bass ( prob 5 or 6 all under 8 inches) had never seen so many little guys in one spot
bradley_G

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so the consensus is stay away from the original. I'll be likely staying in Vernon, so fishing anywhere within an hour or so is good for me. I'm on my 21st species for the year so I'd really like a chain pic if at possible, what types of baits do you throw and in what areas? rocky bottoms, vegetation, creek mouths? sorry for the rookie treatment here but the species is new to me. If anyone has an afternoon free and would like to show me about, I'd be more than willing to pay for the gas and a little extra for the gesture.
anointed130

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen chain pickerel hit almost anything, throw it into vegetation and your bound to get one eventually.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
bass tracker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Long Pond Reply with quote

Try Long Pond for Pickeral, lots there. Just throw Senko's into the weeds, they will find them.

BT
Genesis2245

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try upper Bolton lake for chains. There is a ton in there. Either throw frog or black worms. Very very very weedy though right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: