CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Candlewood Squantz at night.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Candlewood Squantz at night. Reply with quote

Got my butt handed to me last night. Even my assigned non boater caught two for 8lbs.

My mojo just wasn't with me last night. Darted down in Danbury. Whacky Rigged, Jigged and Top Water. Notta thing.

That was just me. The other nine boaters an non boaters all fared pretty well. Started at 6PM. Almost everyone hooked up with a pig right off the start. EXcept mE!! LOL After that the bite died till about 9pm.

Black Spinner's, small top water and whacky rigged June Bug Senkos brought them in.

Everyone who caught fish had at a minimum of 8lbs. The winner was at about 14lbs with four fish. If you found them you hit a school of big ones. Alewives were every where you went. massive schools. A couple of times while in the Danbury area the schools of Alewives were being chased right to shore. So close that they were jumping outa the water into the stone walls.

I tossed everything I had and couldn't hook up. My assigned non boater hooked into what looked like a 5/6 pounder on a black spinner bait. Fish was huge. Jumped outa the water. Did a tail dance across the surface and "SNAP." Broke 15lb test mono like it was a piece of thread. Other boaters reported the same scenario and losing similar size fish.

I did catch a few less than 12 inches. One spit out three alewives when I released him.

On the brighter side, No Flat tires or Trolling Motor Fires! Now for a double tourney next weekend and the weekend after that. Hopefully I find that Mojo again!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your luck will catch up to you. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: oh well at least fish came in the boat Reply with quote

nice report! - the weather has been great! - things should start picking up! - we hit lili again today - just about to file the report
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: