CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Beseck Lake, July 28th
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Beseck Lake, July 28th Reply with quote

Arrived at the Lake around 645.
There were 4 boats out on the water and there a hint of breeze out of the west.
I launched and headed east towards the runoff and reeled in a nice lmb with some girth to it, on the second cast.

I worked the dock areas by throwing an orange, 5 inch senko. I had a few solid strikes but lost 2 before bringing them to the cnute (nucanoe).

I fished the runoff area for a short while and the breeze seemed to pick up a bit so I hightailed it towards the wooded area past the beach.

By this point the wind had subsided and I worked the senko towards the structure, to no avail.

I met up with some nice fellows who were in a 16ft aluminum, and chatted with them for a while.

I left the area and paddled and made my way to the dam. By this point several more boaters had made they way to the water and I was trying to get a feel if they were getting strikes. One guy reported someone had caught 10 fish in the past hour near the dam.

I changed strategy and put on a small white berkely grub with a small split shot. Reeled in a sunny and that was pretty much how it went for the remainder of the day.

I took off at 11:00 and had really good impression of the lake. Beseck will be one of my go to spots from here on in because I really like the variety of dock structures, dam areas and wooded areas.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have joined you out there, Pete. I thought that my wife had made plans for us, but she ended up sleeping on the couch in front of the television for most of the day. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Phil,
I cant wait to get back there!
anointed130

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think wives do that on purpose sometimes Peco.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: