CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Carp Fishing in CT
Viewing Topic: Looking to try for the first time.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elixir

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Looking to try for the first time. Reply with quote

Ive been thinking about trying for carp for a long time and just dont really know how to get it going. I live in Danbury and were surrounded by lakes that I know have carp. I been bass fishing for ages and want to step up my game or atleast try. If there is anything you are willing to tell me and help me out on my first real outing it would be so much appreciated. Ive got some real time on my hands as of recent and would like to put some into this with seriousness.

Thanks a ton,
E.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

introduce bait (corn, oatmeal, bread, etc) where you plan to fish. one day before fishing is alright, two or three is better. white bead rolled onto balls, italian bread, and regular canned corn are a good start. there's plenty of more advanced techniques, but try that out to start.

tip: creamed corn and oatmeal mixed right allow you to make balls to chuck out. test one in the water to make sure they break down. too wet and they'll stay a solid ball for hours. add oats. too dry and you can't make balls. add creamed corn or water (or any other liquid flavor)

also when fishing, mold an oatmeal ball around your weight. but do it gently. it'll fly off if you try to whip it out. a long rod helps.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Elixir

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustinSolak wrote:
introduce bait (corn, oatmeal, bread, etc) where you plan to fish. one day before fishing is alright, two or three is better. white bead rolled onto balls, italian bread, and regular canned corn are a good start. there's plenty of more advanced techniques, but try that out to start.

tip: creamed corn and oatmeal mixed right allow you to make balls to chuck out. test one in the water to make sure they break down. too wet and they'll stay a solid ball for hours. add oats. too dry and you can't make balls. add creamed corn or water (or any other liquid flavor)

also when fishing, mold an oatmeal ball around your weight. but do it gently. it'll fly off if you try to whip it out. a long rod helps.

I'll go out and buy some of it ASAP and try it out as soon as I get a chance... i'll keep you updated. Thanks so much for the quick info. Probably try it early next week consider my weekend is booked with bass trips...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Using a hair-rig and fishing with chick peas?
I've heard of some real success stories using that set-up.Ofcourse prebait the area.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
JustinSolak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chick peas are great too. need a good baiting needle for em or they split.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Carp Fishing in CT All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: