CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: new to the forums and trout fishing in CT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dundun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: new to the forums and trout fishing in CT Reply with quote

Im glad this forum exists and has fishing enthusiasts! I'm trying to find good places to fish for trout that aren't far to get too and difficult to fish. (aren't we all? lol)
The only places in CT i have ever fished is the Saugatuck river (lower) with my uncles since i was a kid, the blackberry river once (which I was told by the local firemen that hurricane irene ruined it) and lake wononskopomuc.
Any replies and suggestions are greatly appreciated and I hope you guys help me have a blue ribbon weekend fishing soon! thanks again
dundun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also should have mentioned I live in New York! my apologize and yes of course I have a license
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mill River in Fairfield and areas of the Norwalk River are other trout rivers to check out
dundun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at the DEEP website and saw that they were fairly close, however, I'm not the best trout fisherman nor do i fly fish (I really wish to learn soon). You think its worth heading out there around this time?
And thanks for the reply
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dundun wrote:
I was looking at the DEEP website and saw that they were fairly close, however, I'm not the best trout fisherman nor do i fly fish (I really wish to learn soon). You think its worth heading out there around this time?
And thanks for the reply

The Mill River TMA was stocked last month. Currently this time of year it's C&R only.
dundun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only fish with barbless hooks and artificial bait or can i use live bait?
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dundun wrote:
I can only fish with barbless hooks and artificial bait or can i use live bait?

I've never seen anything on the signs saying those rules for the Mill, so I suppose you can use live bait, Power Bait, and artifficials with non-barbless trebles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: