CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: Trout fishing areas around Madison ct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kcorey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Trout fishing areas around Madison ct Reply with quote

Hello all, new to the forum. I'm from Madison ct and have been trout fishing all my life but never in the off season. Looking for some advice on where to go I know this time of year it is all catch and release. Also what kind of bait are the trout going after this year? Thanks!
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually get them on nymphs cause their isn't hatches going on right now so I couldn't dry fly. Also streamers usually work all year round for me. If youre not fly fishing I'd use small crayfish imitating baits or trout magnets in natural colors (sand, brown, gray) and bounce them off bottom or let them float through the current. The trout right now are the trickiest to get since they've lasted this long so it must mean they have become smart. Best river right now I think is the Farmington but I'm not familiar with the rules and regs so check up before you go anywhere and please follow them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit up the Hammo River from the reservoir down to where it crosses chestnut hill rd. There are also a couple pull offs on Summer hill rd. Fish it hard and move around for the fish. They are in there. Try prince nymphs, pheasant tails and gold ribbed hares ears sizes 12-18. Ive have multiple 10+ fish days there on those three flies....that being said I've also gone home many times without a hit. Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: