CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Lowrance Elite 4 HDI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anointed130

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Lowrance Elite 4 HDI Reply with quote

I just bought this fishfinder from cabelas, just wanted to know if anyone else had this product or something similar. If so is easy to spot structure and fish on structure?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Lowrancereg-Elite-4-HDI-Sonar-with-DownScan-83200-Transducer-Combo/1727735.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fcompare_items.jsp%3FcategoryIds%3D%26entityId%3D1540066%26entityId%3D1298537%26entityId%3D1745700%26entityId%3D1732864%26entityId%3D1727735

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the Elite 5. It takes some tinkering, and the downscan works well in deeper water. How you set it up really depends on where you fish.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
anointed130

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is deeper water like 10 ft, or 40ft. Typically I fish in 20ft of water or less, I am not a fan of dropshotting or deep water fishing,Never been successful with it.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still tinkering with mine as I got it last season. Lowrance doesn't provide much in the way of a user manual, so I've been looking online. Downscan only gives you a look as wide as the beam, and in shallower water, that's not very wide. I do mark submerged logs, etc. and fish holding to them. I debated throwing in for the Hummingbird side scan which absolutely rocks for shallow water fishing, but the price more than doubled and I'd have to buy a separate nav chip. The GPS is good, and you can track drifts, mark structure, etc. I find this really useful. If I've got the GPS mark, I know there will be fish. I think for the price, the Lowrance E4 provides a lot of bang for the buck.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: