CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Short Beach 4/19
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Short Beach 4/19 Reply with quote

After getting home from trout fishing, I took it easy for about an hour before heading out to Short Beach for the outgoing. Got to Short Beach around 4:30pm while the low tide for Sniffens Point was scheduled for 9:29pm. Conditions didn't seem favorable for the good bite I had going Saturday. There was a steady 10 to 15 mph northwest wind making waters a bit choppy and also had a pretty strong current this time.

Lures I played with included shiner SSR-9, purpledescent SSR-9, yellow perch JSSR-7, brown bone DTFAT-1, shad SP-9, chartreuse ghost XRW-9, purple gold and CNR-8.

I wasn't getting any hits as the tide was still going out vs Saturday, so I decided to give it a rest and wait for the tide to get lower.

Finally once the tide had gotten much lower I was able to walk out to the area I was hitting the stripers at on Saturday. That's when I stuck with the shiner SSR-9.

I wasn't getting the action I was into Saturday but still landed fish. Total was 7 up to an aggressive 20"er.

Right around sunset is when a buddy arrived with his 11 footer and SP Minnow. He landed a total of 5 with the biggest being a chunky 26"er. All other fish were no bigger than 20".

The buddy and I started walking back to the parking area around 8:30pm.

Saw a group of fly fishermen on the Milford side, who I also saw Saturday. Saturday they were on a roll while this time they weren't into it much.

I had a feeling the water conditions and the northwest winds were why the bite was slower this time.
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a good outing. Herring and bunker are starting to show. Should only get better!
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: