CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Housy 4/28
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Housy 4/28 Reply with quote

Member Jeff and I hit the Housy Monday afternoon. I got to try my new 7 footer and was very pleased with it. Jeff brought a 7 foot Ugly Stik with a brand new Spinfisher V.

The thing that was going on seemed to be lure size and color. Sizes around the 4" mark seemed to be getting more attention than a bigger SP Minnow and 15cm Max Rap. Colors working were purple, white, and pearl gray. I was surprised to see Jeff never get a hit on a bunker Storm Shad.

Total for the day was Jeff with 5 and me with 7. Biggest fish was both of us got a 22"er around 6 pounds. All others were 14 to 20".
Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amount of misses were unreal! Why weren't any of the bigguns going after my sp minnow? Laughing
fishfinder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You missed a lot of fish because the only fish that are there now are total dinks! I caught a few the other day that were almost the same size as my plug I was throwing!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfinder wrote:
You missed a lot of fish because the only fish that are there now are total dinks! I caught a few the other day that were almost the same size as my plug I was throwing!

LOL yeah. I was pretty bummed I had to downgrade to a 4" lure....better than getting skunked though!
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the bigger fish still only in that 1 certain stretch or have they headed out into the Sound now?
ny to ct

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bigger fish are there at night on a dropping tide
striperswiper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I haven't seen anyone in my spots and I have been catching fish. So there are fish in more than just that 1 spot.
ny to ct

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

striperswiper wrote:
Well I haven't seen anyone in my spots and I have been catching fish. So there are fish in more than just that 1 spot.

They are all over the river its really a case of being at the right place right time.
It also helps to know patterns, tides, and what conditions work best.
Also knowing the bait movement is the most important and the water temperature definitely influences that. This all comes with experience, studying, and learning a particular area.
A lot of the tricks that your know from a familiar spot can also be applied to a new spot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: