CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Which one is More Aggressive?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Which one is More Aggressive? Reply with quote

Of the 2 members of the perch family here in CT, which would you say is more aggressive for their size? Yellow perch or walleye?

I've been watching a few recent ice fishing videos and always love watching how aggressive those schools of yellows are as the person jigs. Yellow perch to me seem to be the ones that are more willing to grab a lure or bait their own size vs walleye. Another is how yellow perch will go darting after a lure in a flowing river and come shooting up for the rear teaser tail of a jerkbait in a lake or pond.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it overtime I've ever caught a yellow perch they come i.n in a dead roll?

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
damage inc

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are more than two kinds of perch in CT. I've caught dozens on white perch out of Ball Pond. The definitely fight better than yellow perch! Can't cross walleye off my bucket list yet.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damage inc wrote:
There are more than two kinds of perch in CT. I've caught dozens on white perch out of Ball Pond. The definitely fight better than yellow perch! Can't cross walleye off my bucket list yet.

Did you know white perch are a member of the white bass family and aren't a perch?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: