CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Bass Fishing In or Near Danbury (from shore)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RF813

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Bass Fishing In or Near Danbury (from shore) Reply with quote

Was hoping to get some advice on where to hit some decent sports while shore fishing for Bass in the Danbury CT area.

This has been my first few solid months of fishing, and I generally use my time to take my Son out (he's 7). Quantity was important for him earlier this year to keep his interest up, so we spent most of the summer catching Sunfish, and a few Perch along the way.

His interests (and especially my own) have moved into Bass Fishing, and we've done ok, catching a few Pickerel as well.

We'd been fishing West Lake most of the summer since it's a couple minutes from my house, but the water levels have dropped and it's so weedy, it doesn't seem worth it to head out there anymore.

We'd been over to Eureka a bit lately, but reading about fines and car towing here, is making me think twice.

So I'm asking for a bit of help finding a decent spot to fish from shore with my Boy where we can catch LMB and generally things larger than sunfish.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Rich
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squantz Pond and Lake Kenosia

Squantz has shoreline access from the beach to the causeway.

Lake Kenosia has limited shoreline access. You're best spot would be the parking area along Kenosia Rd.
RF813

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Michael! I'll definitely check those areas out.
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatters park
if its weedy just toss on some sort of frog, cast and reel

there are other places you could try but, we havnt got much luck at any of them so, if youre still interested just message me and next time i get on here ill let you know

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get a eagle claw weedless 3/0 hook and a powerbait worm and you can fish the weeds all day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: