CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: Ahoy!!!! New fishermen to the forum from Fairfield County
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chunkin4Blues

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Ahoy!!!! New fishermen to the forum from Fairfield County Reply with quote

Hey everybody!
Just wanted to quickly introduce myself, and say hello to all you salty dogs out there!! Haha it's been almost 4 years since I have been out of the NAVY but I still find myself using NAVY terminology!! I'm just getting back into saltwater fishing as a hobby because it's the only the greatest outdoor sport going right now. I really wanna learn some good spots to go to from either of a pier, jetty, and shore!! Looking forward to meeting all you fine people on the forum. Happy fishing! Very Happy
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard and thank you for serving!

First off, do you plan on chumming or casting?
Chunkin4Blues

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks Michael.
I plan on using mostly chunks of mackerel or bunker for right now, but would eventually like to get into throwing plugs as well.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've been seeing at Seaside Park, don't bother with mackerel. Bunker will get you blues and stripers. Mackerel has been catching mostly sea robins.

If you were to catch a sea robin, chunks of the tail can get you into blues and stripers while the head has been proven to catch some bigger stripers.

Mackerel is best to throw before the bunker arrive and before bait starts getting thicker.
Chunkin4Blues

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried bunker last week and had no luck for the first few hours and then I threw some mackerel on my line as the tide was going out at bonds dock in Stratford (do not like the spot but was convenient at the time) like I said I don't know to many spots an need to catch up on the better shore spots. But anyways I threw the mackerel on an with in a half hour a caught a 22 inch striper and then 5 mins later another guy caught another small striper and the next night down there the only people catching anything were using the mackerel. I definitely agree that bunker is probably the best bait to use for blues right now because I believe that's what they are chasing as of right now but I find that as it gets hotter mackerel will last longer on the hook rather then the bunker which seems to get real mushy quickly. An to be honest with you, if we are lucky enough to run into a school of Hungry Blues those beasts would attack a damn tin can LOL Laughing
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen vids on YouTube of fishermen from a boat skipping a tin can and glass jar across the surface getting bluefish to explode on it LOL

Bluefish will eat or destroy anything their size or smaller in their path Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: